Rights and Responsibilities
Patients have a right to:
- Be treated with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Be treated as an individual and to discuss the care and treatment we can provide.
- Be given full information on the services we offer.
- Be given the most appropriate care by suitably qualified staff.
- Be provided with emergency care when needed.
- Be referred to a consultant acceptable to the patient when necessary.
- Have access to their clinical records or any other personal information held about them.
Patients are responsible for:
- Treating all staff of The City Road Medical Centre with respect and courtesy at all times. The practice operates a zero tolerance policy and violent and abusive behaviour towards any member of staff may result in removal from the practice list.
- Telling us if they are unsure about the treatment being offered.
- Asking for a home visit only when they are unable to attend the medical centre through illness or infirmity
- Requesting such a visit before 11:00.
- Asking for an out-of-hours visit only when necessary.
- Keeping their appointments and contacting the medical centre in advance if they are unable to keep their appointment.
- Being punctual for appointments and making separate appointments for each member of the family wishing to see the doctor.
- Not expecting a prescription from every consultation with a doctor; there may be other options for treatment
- Taking medicines according to the instructions and only asking for a repeat prescription if they need one.
- Letting us know when they change their address or telephone number.